This tutorial overall prepares students to:
- Approach information research in a systematic way
- Address an information need by finding and efficiently using a variety of formal information tools and sources.
- Evaluate the quality of the information.
- Use information ethically and legally.
College. Classes. Research Papers.
Let's imagine that you've been asked to write a research paper about theme parks.
If your usual strategy is to use Google, we've got news:
Academic research means you need to step it up.
As you complete the tutorial, you will:
- learn about search tools, including library databases, that contain resources not found in Google; and
- acquire research skills that can be used anywhere!
Why does this matter? Because, put simply:
better research skills = better information = better research project
Don't settle for mediocre resources! Improve your final grade by using the highest quality sources you can find. Let's get started!